Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Little Heart

I spoke today with the cardiologist and after going over lover's test results with the cardiac surgeons they are all in agreement that she needs to have the surgery. My understanding so far is that they will make a small incision on her left side and access her little ticker by going through a couple ribs. She will be the hospital for a few days. We have an appointment to meet with the cardiac surgeons this thursday. They will go over everything with us and then a nurse will go over what to expect in terms of recovery. We will also schedule her surgery that day.

I have to say I am not surprised... this is exactly what I expected would happen. But I also have to say I am surprised by my reaction to it. I guess you can't prepare yourself for some things. The thought of giving her back to a hospital is almost unbearable. Not having her home the first time was so hard but at least I didn't know what I was missing. I don't want to wake up in our bed without her being in her crib. She gives up the biggest smiles in the morning. I think this time I will be able to stay with her so that will help.

I am glad that we are going to get this thing fixed, I know she will feel better. It is so important that we get her as strong as possible for her next surgery. I will post about our appointment afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment