Friday, November 13, 2009

No more ICU!

Yesterday was a very good day for our little trooper =) She had her chest tube taken out and isn't on any IV fluids anymore. The biggest news of all is that she has been eating better than she ever has in her little life! I am so stunned I knew the surgery would help but I didn't think it would happen instantly =) She actually was crying last night and it took me a little while to figure out it was because she was hungry... hahaha. She has never cried to eat... ever!

She is now out of the ICU and on a step-down unit. They were hoping we could go home today but my little monkey can't quite get off that pesky oxygen quite yet. A story we are all too familiar with from NICU. They want her to be off it for a while before sending us home to be on the safe side so we are looking at tommorow for discharge hopefully =)

I might be getting myself overexcited but she looks fatter to me. She will get weighed next week so we will know for sure but she just looks like she has already gained weight! You knows. Right now she is sleeping in her crib with her little thumb in her mouth. Of course its the hand with the IV in it! She does what she wants!

Will continue to update =) Thank you so much to everyone for all the prayers sent our way!

No comments:

Post a Comment