Sunday, November 15, 2009

Brand new baby =)

I know they told me that this surgery would help but I wouldn't let myself really believe it. I think I am still in disbelief but she is soooooooooooooo much better!!! We came home yesterday and you would never know she just had heart surgery for goodness sake! She is a little ball of energy! The best part is her feedings. She is eating almost double what she was eating pre-surgery. I am so anxious to find out her weight. We go to the pediatrician for a weight check on wednesday.

Having her home again is so wonderful. Chris and I feel like we brought home a whole new baby in some regards. The feeding thing is a huge change but so are some of her other behaviors. Before surgery I would feed her and she went back to bed instantly and she didn't like to be held for very long. She rarely feel asleep while being held... she just wanted to be in her crib. For the first time EVER I had to rock her before she would fall asleep after her morning bottle. It was the best =) She is also a little nut! She is scooting herself all over her crib! It's so funny. Also I think she smiled for a full hour yesterday =) Best baby in the world!

This week we go to the surgeon on tuesday to have her sutures removed, pediatrician wednesday, and cardiologist on thursday. I will continue to post on monkey's progress. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment