Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Baby's little ticker

So we went to the cardiologist today... he did another echo to check the status of her PDA. It is still large and now is beginning to affect the blood pressures in her little lungs... SAD. The plan is that the doctor is going to show the results of the echo to the cardiac surgeons and then we will proceed based on their recommendations. It may not be until next week that we hear. But thats just fine. We will be ready for whatever they say =)

Funny thing happened while we were there. It was so ridiculous I just have to laugh about it. Most times we go to the cardiologist he increases the dosage of her diuretics because she is dosed based on weight. I had the hardest time getting her meds refilled last time but I figured it was just the insurance company being stingy because I usually call to get them refilled a couple days before I run out because they are so important I don't want her to miss a dose. Well come to find out there was this whole big mess the last time because for some reason the insurance company said I was requesting refills too often and thus they concluded that I was overdosing the baby! INSANE! I guess the doctor had to talk to the insurance rep personally to tell them the dates he changed the doses and had to convince them I wasn't overdosing her! The idea that I am overdosing her is so ridiculous I can't stop laughing about it. She has enough trouble gaining weight! "Here Cordelia take more meds so you don't gain weight and also I want you to get dehydrated." Geez man!

Of course while we were at the hospital we had to see the people mommy works with and little lover was totally putting on a show!!! Smiles all around for everyone. She looked the picture of Halloween in her orange hoodie! It was so cute! =)

We had our 6 month session with Noel and I absolutely cannot wait to see them all!!! I saw a few and they are so perfect. Of course little girl made sure we knew who was boss... fussing for most of the time but then allowed us the pleasure of getting some good Cordelia shots! I am reminded of one of my ultrasounds when she was curled up in a little ball in one spot and refused to move until the very end! "I will cooperate eventually but you all are gonna know that I didn't want to!" We are really in for it with this little girl!

Will continue to update =) Also Happy Birthday to my wonderful husband! You keep me grounded babe =)

1 comment:

  1. We are thinking and praying for her! That little lady sure is a strong willed gal! Next time we will get the smiles out of her!

    ReplyDelete